Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 57: Ty Schenzel

Let me start off by apologizing for not writing for the last 2 weeks. I was very lazy and I am sorry. However, I think I am going to restructure this a little so that I don't get burned out as much. I think my goal is going to be 365 people, but maybe not in 365 days. It can become tedious to crank out a blog every single night, and I really don't want my thank you's to become a chore or insincere. I like to be inspired for each blog rather than force a writing.

Tonight I am writing to you about Ty Schenzel, Drew's uncle. Uncle Ty is awesome, to put it simply. I met him a few years ago when I joined the Darr clan in Nebraska for Emily's (Ty's Oldest Daughter) wedding. I will never forget how funny he was! He kept introducing me to everyone as "Drew's girlfriend Felina" which was obviously, not my name. It was funny to me though how many people probably thought that was my name for a while!

I loved the whole Schenzel family the second I met them! They are all so warm, welcoming and fun! I thought it was pretty cool that Ty actually tried to get to know me over that trip. He sat down next to me and basically asked for my story. Although, a bit intimidating, I really appreciated that he took the time to hear my story. It's so rare that men in our society actually take initiative in getting to know others. It seems like they are only interested in things that, well, interest them, like sports. It was so refreshing to see such a huge level of depth in Uncle Ty.

Uncle Ty has had a huge impact on Drew. Quite frankly I think Drew is the spitting image of Ty! Ty is an amazing father. It brought tears to my eyes several times watching his beautiful relationships with his children, but specifically with his daughters. I know that Drew will be an equally wonderful father someday....WAY, WAY, WAY down the line. Ty has a huge amount of compassion in his heart and in general is one of the kindest people I have ever met. He is selfless, loving, and generous. He started a foundation called The Hope Center for Kids which is located in Omaha, Nebraska. It is a very cool organization that is inspiring so many people.

 To learn more about this program go here: The Hope Center for Kids

Drew and I thought it would be really neat if we both had our uncles who are both pastors, collaborate on our wedding ceremony. We loved how it turned out. Ty welcomed everybody and then spoke a little bit about Drew. Later he led us in taking Communion which was a very cool thing to do in our ceremony. It was so special to us to have both of our uncles marry us!

Ty is a role model in countless ways, but the best being his relationship with the Lord. You can tell that Ty seeks God's wisdom and plan for his life and for those around him. Ty has his faith in the Lord and he relies on God for everything. That is so awesome. I love to see strong Christian men and fathers.

Uncle Ty,

Thank you for you influence in Drew's life and in mine. You are a very awesome uncle and we love you very much! You are so kind, witty, and compassionate. Your role in our wedding meant so much to us and we are incredibly grateful for all of your help. You are an inspiration to us in the way you live your life and the care you have for others. Thank you for leading by example. We are hoping to plan a trip out to Omaha this summer!

Love,

Mary Beth

This is a picture of Uncle Ty and his two beautiful daughter's Annie and Emily. Love this crew!

1 comment: