Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 56: Gwen Latham

Gwen is a dear family friend of mine. She is a wonderful lady and I consider her one of my aunts even though we are not biologically related.

I got to know Gwen from my brother's baseball games! One of her sons and my brother used to play baseball together for years. They were on traveling teams together and local teams, and it always seemed that I found myself at a baseball game. Baseball is not my favorite sport, but because I am a supportive sister, I choose to go. Regardless, after spending a lot of time with with the family of the players we all became very close. We used to go out to eat and to the beach together on all of the traveling games (those were my personal favorites).

Gwen is many things. She is fabulous, southern, creative, funny, and kind. She has an amazing heart and loves the Lord. She always throws really great themed parties that I love going to! Gwen was a wonderful help to us during our wedding! She was always out shopping for items we needed (like candy for our candy buffet), brainstorming ideas with me, setting up/decorating on the actual day, as well as tearing everything down in the evening. Only true friends are kind enough to help you THAT much on your wedding day. I have not even seen her since then, which makes me so sad! But we stay in touch through facebook.

Gwen,

Thank you for your fun spirit! Thank you for your kind and thoughtful heart. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you looking after my family when I was not physically present to do so myself. Your kind words and actions have deeply influenced my life. I love your zest for life and how funny you are! Thank you for including my family and me in your zany parties! They are awesome! I hope to see you very soon! Love you!

MB


P.S. This picture is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! 

1 comment: